- This event has passed.
1st Annual Cardboard Box Sled Race
June 30 @ 12:30 pm - 3:00 pm$20
Sunday June 30th at Chiller North 12:30-3:00pm
Bring your homemade bobsled to the rink and race to the finish line for the grand prize! Teams of friends and family are invited to join the fun and push their way to victory out on the ice. This event is open to the public and all proceeds will benefit the growth of our local girl’s hockey programs. Celebrity judges will determine prizes to be awarded for speed, creativity, and design.
12:30pm-1:00pm Check In. $20 registration fee cash or check is due at this time
1:00pm-2:00pm Family Race Times followed by prizes
2:10pm-3:00pm Kids 13yrs old and younger ONLY pushing and riding
Registrants can participate in both the Family race and the Kids one too!! Please register by June 17th and plan to bring your $20 fee to check in. Register below rules
Official Contest Rules:
- The only materials permitted in the construction of your sled are cardboard, glue, wax, paint, tape, lacquer. All materials need to be attached and dry before check in.
- No wood, metal or plastic materials are allowed in the construction of sleds. This includes staples.
- All participants must wear athletic shoes and helmets are recommended. Bike helmets, hockey helmets or ones provided at The Chiller front desk are all acceptable.
- All sleds need to have tape lining the bottom of the box to protect the ice
- There must be at least one passenger riding in the sled
- There is no limit to the number of pushers, but they all do need to have at least one hand on the sled during the race and crossing the finish line
- Elimination rounds will determine who makes it to the next heat for each age category.
- This is a family event and we have a zero-tolerance policy for abuse of officials or competitors.